Cell Phone Wireless Technology Court Victory for Brain Tumor Patient
The truth of cell phones and wireless technology has been buried by the industry, the health officials and governments. Sharesa Price thought it was just another in a series of sinus infections. Her head and eyes hurt, and she was vomiting. But then Price had a seizure, and a brain scan found something far more troubling.
'When I got home, the phone was ringing. It was the doctor's office, and they told me, 'Brace yourself. Honey, you have a brain tumor.' I was standing by the refrigerator, and I just collapsed, saying, 'no, no, no, it can't be a brain tumour,' she recalled.
After her diagnosis in 1999 and surgery to remove most of the tumour, Price started looking for answers. She became convinced that exposure to radio-frequency radiation on the job, where she programmed cell phones for new customers, had caused the tumor.
In May, an administrative law judge who handles worker's compensation claims awarded her $30,000 to pay her medical bills and other expenses. Price may be the first person to convince a judge that her illness was caused by radio-frequency radiation. The decision is unlikely to have widespread repercussions for the cell phone industry, however, because the settlement was small.
Price's customers at Advanced Communications Systems in northern California were doctors, fire-fighters, police departments and security departments for casinos, and she loved her work. She used a cell phone several hours each day, and the room in which she worked contained transmitters that emitted radio-frequency radiation, she said. Price said when she filed a workers comp claim, her boss fired her, eliminating her health insurance.
Then she lost the case. The Native American single mother of two daughters was devastated. She turned to Tribal Health, a government health agency for Native Americans, to get anti-seizure medication.' If I hadn't been Indian, I would have died,' she said.
Her former boss, Dave Bohlen, said that he did not fire Price, that she quit based on her doctor's advice and not return to work there. Bohlen said he dropped the insurance because she was no longer an employee. He called her worker's comp case 'frivolous' and said there was no proof her brain tumor was caused by working in his small shop.
'There's nothing harmful going on here,' he said. After Price recovered from brain surgery, she went to the Internet and found researchers studying the biological effects of radio-frequency radiation, and got to know them.
'I would call them up and say, `You are absolutely dead on. If a rat could talk, this is what it would say. I'm the human rat'
Brautbar has been an expert witness in a number of high-profile cases, including the chromium poisonings from polluted drinking water portrayed in the movie Erin Brockovich.
Brautbar reviewed Price's case and wrote a report supporting her claim that the tumor was caused by exposure to radio-frequency radiation.
'It's not a money issue, suing the company, it's a health and safety issue,' said Price, who speaks to school assemblies and classes about the need to use a headset when talking on a cell phone.
'We need to explain to people that just like putting on condoms, you have to take this precautionary measure to make the product be as safe as they can be.
Learn more about the dangers and solutions of cell phone radiation and wireless technology at http://www.CellphoneLies.com
Minimize your EMR exposure - to decrease hazardous risks.
1. Minimize all exposure and usage of wireless communication: cell phones, cordless phones, and WiFi devices.
2. Turn cell phone off when not in use and sleeping. Never keep it near your head or use it to play games, movies, etc.
3. Keep cell phone at least 6-7 inches away from your body and others while on, talking, texting and downloading.
4. Use air tube headsets or speaker mode when talking. Wireless and wired headsets still conduct radiation!
5. Never keep cell phone in pocket or on hip all day. The hip produces 80% of the body's red blood cells and is especially vulnerable to EMR damage. The close proximity may also affect fertility.
6. Do not talk on cell or cordless phone when pregnant, with a baby/small child in arms, under age 16, or while in a vehicle (car, train, plane, subway) - the radiation gets trapped and is higher in these closed metal zones!
7. Replace all cordless and WiFi items with wired, corded lines (phones, Internet, games, appliances, devices, etc.). The cordless phone base emits high levels of EMR - even when no one is making a call.
8. Minimize/space out computer use, sit back from the screen; flat screens are preferable. Use wired Internet connections, not WiFi - especially for laptops. Keep laptops off of the body and preferably on wooden surfaces.
9. Keep a low-EMR sleep, home, and personal zone. Move alarm clock radio at least 3 feet from head or use battery power; 6 feet is the recommended distance from all electronic devices during sleep. Avoid waterbeds, electric and metal frames. Futons/wood frames are better than metal-coiled mattresses and box-springs.
When using electric stoves, cook on back burners instead of front, as much as possible. Metals attract EMR: keep them away from and off of the body.
10. Measure EMR from wireless and wired devices with appropriate meters (see www.safewireless.org). To decrease exposures, install EMR filters and preventive technologies to electrical circuits, devices, appliances, etc.
About the author:
Founder of the Research Center For Wireless Technology. Expert in the field of E.M.F Radiation, Graduate of New Jersey Institute of Technology. Home Radiation Consultant. Educating Public on Dangers of Electro-Magnetic-Fields. Interviews and EMF Radiation Safety Products Available by calling 201.484.7652 (Email) Paul@emfnews.org visit DANGER911