Do you want to feel better, have more energy and live longer?
All you have to do is exercise. Just by introducing a moderate amount of exercise into your daily life, you can significantly improve your health and your quality of life.
Benefits of exercise:
* Reduces the risk of premature death
* Strengthens your cardiovascular and respiratory system
* Keeps bones and muscles strong
* Reduces cholesterol or the risk of developing high cholesterol
* Can help prevent or manage diabetes
* Reduces and helps manage depression and anxiety
* Reduces your risk of certain types of cancer
* Helps you sleep better
* Enhanced work, recreation and sports performance
There are so many different types of exercise regime or workout routines. The most important thing is finding something you enjoy. If you enjoy your workout than you will be more likely to stick with it.
Here are just some different types of exercise regime and workout routines:
1. Yoga: Yoga exercises are both physical and mental. They are designed to tone, strengthen and align the body. Yoga also uses breathing techniques and meditation to quiet, clarify and discipline the mind. Yoga is performed to strengthen and balance the body. It relaxes you while at the same time giving you an awesome workout.
2. Pilates: Pilates is a method of exercise and physical movement designed to stretch, strengthen, and balance the body. It focuses on the postural muscles that help keep the body balanced and are essential to providing support for the spine. Pilates teaches awareness of the breath and alignment of the spine. Pilates is one of the fastest growing exercises in the world.
3. Circuit Training: Circuit training is an excellent way to improve mobility, strength and stamina. Circuit training consists of a consecutive series of timed exercises performed one after the other with little amounts of rest between each exercise. It is a great exercise for people who get bored easily. You are constantly moving and doing new things. Circuit training can be done in your own home
4. Turbulence Training is a interval exercise routine. Turbulence Training is way to lose fat quick and gain muscle at the same time. It is great for busy people. It is three short, intense workouts a week. If you hate long and slow cardio routines than this is the workout routine for you.
It was specifically designed for busy people. The workouts can be done in your own home. Turbulence Training is scientifically proven and endorsed by elite fitness magazines and personal trainers. I highly recommended Turbulence Training. I promise you will not get bored and you will lose weight fast!
5. Aerobics: Aerobics a form of exercise, typically performed to music, often in a group setting with a leader. Aerobics envolves stretching, strength training and cardio vascular fitness. You do not stop moving the entire workout.
6. Bowflex Machine: Bowflex machine provides a great way to strength train in your own home. Strength training is when you perform exercises with resistance to build muscle strength. That is exactly what you can do on the bowflex machine.
7. Running, walking, swimming, cycling and other sports: These are all great ways to exercise.
Sticking with an exercise routine is one of the hardest things to do for most people.
How Do I Stick With It?
1. Choose something you enjoy-this is very important. You are much more likely to stick with your exercise program if you enjoy it!
2. Vary your routine-this will ensure that you will not get bored
3. Get an exercise partner
4. Always allow room in your busy schedule each week-put it on your calendar
5. Exercise in the morning-working out in the morning has so many benefits including:
o It 'jump' starts your metabolism sometimes allowing it to be elevated all day!
o You burn more calories all day long
o Studies have shown that it significantly increases your mental activity
o It energizes you for the day and gives you a feel of satisfaction knowing you have already accomplished something good for yourself
o If you exercise every morning at the same time you are scheduling your body - your body starts to expect you to get up and exercise and it prepares, making it easier and easier to workout
About the author:
I have always had a passion for health and fitness. I love helping people live a more fulfilled life through health and fitness.
(Submitted links deceased)