Explorer 4 Mobility Scooter
The Explorer 4's lightweight compact size is perfect for car transportation as it easily disassembles into 4 lightweight pieces for transportation and storage.
It is a manoeuvrable scooter ideal for riders who must operate in tight spaces whilst enjoying the additional stability of a 4 Wheeled Mobility Scooter.
It's easy to operate your Explorer 4 Mobility Scooter - just one simple lever controls speed, direction of travel and braking.
* Up to 18 Mile range with maintenance-free 17AH Batteries
* Easily disassembles into 4 lightweight pieces for car transportation and storage
* Forward speed of up to 4MPH & reverse speed up to 2MPH
* Battery level gauge & auto-disconnect / re-connect battery pack enables convenient in house charging
* Pneumatic tyres for a smooth jolt-free ride (Optional Puncture Prevention System available)
* Anti-tipper wheels at the rear
* Pedestrian buzzer / horn
* Easily accessible free-wheel release lever
* Infinitely adjustable tiller for maximum comfort with sturdy shopping basket included
* Steering lock mechanism for secure in car storage
* Comfortable seat with adjustable seat height
* Lift up arm rests, seat slide and 360 degree seat rotation handle for ease of access
* Reliable rear wheel drive, sealed mini transaxle, 24V DC motor
* Aluminium alloy wheel hubs with 280 x 60mm size tyres
* Total weight just 43Kg (heaviest part is the batteries at 12.4Kg)
* Simple to use stepless speed control system
* Carrying capacity up to 20 Stone
* Automatic dynamic regenerative dual-braking system
* Length 43' x Width 19' x Height 34' (109 x 48 x 86cm)
* Supplied with 2 Amp off-board battery charger and instruction manual
* 1 year warranty included
* Colours Available: Nightfire Red (As shown) OR Pearlescent Blue
Price: £549.00 .. (At the time of writing)
* Up to 18 Mile range
* 2 x 17Amp / Hour Batteries
* Seat Height, Rotation & Slide Adjustment
* Car Transportable plus Air Plane friendly batteries
* Now includes 3 Month's Free Insurance!
The Explorer 4 Mobility Scooter is available from Amazon UK
I bought this scooter to help me have a more active life. This was one of the best ideas have had, its great; gets me out and about and I'm now able to see family and friends at anytime. Also the company were good give me all the information I required and scooter arrived when they said it would.
I bought this product over a year ago and it has been a godsend. Having researched some time and tried some scooters in a local mobility shop I was stunned with the amazing price.
The battery life is excellent. I can go miles on several different days without worrying to charge the battery which charges to full again in 2 or 3 hours. The overall quality of the scooter is every bit as good if not better than scooters I had tried 2 or 3 times the price.
The company selling the scooter were second to none with very friendly helpful service all the time I've owned the scooter from all members of staff I've spoken to.
I did have some problems with the performance initially and the company collected (free) the scooter, replaced the motor and returned it again within a couple of days. Superb.
Some negative points... When it was delivered by Ups the driver wouldn't bring it into my house because it is a very heavy box. Fortunately my son was able to lend a hand so if purchasing make sure someone able bodied and strong is able to be there when its delivered.. (Once out of the box the scooter is very easy to put in and out of the house and back of the car.)
The scooter easily disassembles into 3 parts but fits into my Ford Galaxy without need to.
A safety issue I have is that the accelerator lever on the steering post can be pressed accidentally when reaching for things in shops. After a couple of hair-raising incidents I now remove the key when not actually moving!!
Overall a superb product and service I would have no doubt recommending.
Ideal as a temporary means of transport while I wait for my ankle to heal after surgery. Hopefully once I am back on my feet I will be able to sell it on. Ideal size
for breaking down and getting into back of car for use elsewhere. Two minor gripes.
There is no means for carrying crutches for when I want to get off so I have adapted the machine with two pieces of drain pipe attached to the arm rests which has solved that problem and secondly the tiny shopping basket is far too small to carry my arthritic dog. He isn't happy sitting on the running board but I think a larger basket may do the trick.