Taxicard in Greater London
Taxicard provides scheme members with subsidised fares for pre-booked journeys.
Taxicard trips are provided by more than 5,000 accessible London taxis including licensed private hire minicabs.
You can only make a limited number of Taxicard trips each year.
Fares start from £2.50 in most boroughs and are dependent on distance and other factors. To find out if you are entitled to a Taxicard, contact your London borough council or the London Councils Taxicard Unit:
London Councils - Taxicard
59½ Southwark Street
Telephone: 020 7934 9791
* Is for some people with impaired mobility.
* Is available 24 hours a day.
* Provides reduced fares, but can be expensive for long journeys.
* Offers a limited number of trips each year.
* Is for social trips - not for travelling to important appointments.
* Is appropriate for wheelchair users as all vehicles are wheelchair accessible.
* Is not appropriate for powered scooters as taxis are not scooter accessible.
Contact your borough for details on eligibility.
Capital Call is an assisted transport service available to Taxicard members who also live in a London borough with a shortage of available taxis. Members who cannot book a Taxicard journey, because a vehicle is not available, can instead make a Capital Call booking. Once taxi supply improves, the Capital Call service may be withdrawn from that particular London borough.
Unlike Taxicard, there are no meter charges. You will be told the cost of your trip at the time of booking. Capital Call is a subsidised service, and all members of Capital Call are given an annual budget towards the cost of trips. Capital Call bookings can be made Monday to Friday 08:30-17:30 and Saturday 09:00-17:00, but you can take your trip at any time.
Taxicard members can find out if they live in a borough served by Capital Call by phoning the Transport Co-ordination Centre on
020 7275 2446.
How does it work?
* Trips must be pre-booked through the Capital Call Transport Co-ordination Centre.
* Capital Call bookings can only be made during normal office hours, but can be taken at any time.
* You will be allocated an annual travel budget funded by TfL.
* You will pay a customer contribution of between £1.50 and £7.50 per trip.
* The balance of the fare will be deducted from your travel budget up to a maximum of £59 per trip.
* You will be told the cost of a trip at the time of the booking.
Capital Call is..
* Is for Taxicard members in some London boroughs.
* Is for social trips.
* Provides fixed cost trips up to a fixed budget.
* Uses licensed minicabs, some of which are not accessible to wheelchair users who are unable to transfer into the seat of a saloon car.
Capital Call is funded by Transport for London.