Drive from powerchair
After lots of searching, I have finally found a power chair that does everything I need.
The chair is crash tested as well, which means I can drive a car from the chair. On a level surface the chair will move around and hold me in a standing position. I have also got the supplier to add an electrical leg lifter so I can lay flat and raise my legs, relieving swollen feet due to water retention.
The chair is fitted with an electrical lock down facility for driving a car and curb crawler protectors to prevent damage to the lock down facility.
The company that makes this chair is a family business, made in the UK.
The chair is called a Genie.
* Choice of positions from lying through to standing
* Very manoeuvrable in tight spaces
* Indoor/outdoor chair
* Compact cool image
* Pressure management seating
* Toileting facility
* Range of control options
* 12 month guarantee with extended 4 year warranty option
* Ongoing adaptations in line with user's requirements
* Crash tested
* Courtesy loan chair, whilst yours is upgraded or repaired.
* Easily transportable.
* Standing position enabling eye level contact
* Improved health, by helping to prevent bladder problems, encourages better circulation, digestion, bone development and pressure management
* Good mobility at various levels leading to greater opportunities
* Sense of freedom and control
* Helps retain dignity
* Increased comfort
* Good posture support
* Reduced care cost
* Enhanced quality of life for both User and Carer.