What Aspergers Syndrome? - The Facts
Aspergers Syndrome is considered as a type of autism. It is a disability which remains for a lifelong in a person. This syndrome is often described as 'spectrum disorder' since the people can get affected in several different ways and to varying level. Though this syndrome emerges early in childhood, parents ignore the symptoms and never ask - what is Asperger's Syndrome?.
In truth, Aspergers Syndrome is normally a 'hidden disability'. A person with AS cannot be easily detected with this condition. A person having AS always struggles in three important aspects regarding society namely; social communication, social interaction, and social imagination.
Asperger's syndrome in children can cause lots of problems to the parents if they are not aware of the symptoms of this condition. Normally, a child with AS shows these following symptoms;
1. A child usually fails to understand the body language of others. That child struggles to begin or keep a conversation on.
2. That child may protest against any changes occur in its daily life.
3. That child may show little or no compassion towards other people.
4. That child fails to differentiate between a joke and a sarcastic comment because of its inability in recognizing subtle differences in speech tone, pitch, and accent.
5. That child avoids having direct eye contact with a person or may enforce an eye contact.
6. That child may implement awkward facial expressions or postures during conversation.
7. That child, normally, limits its interest to one or two fields. However, that child may have excellent knowledge in that field. That child may exhibit abnormal interest in certain issues like cars, dolls, or cameras.
These are the few symptoms that a child with Aspergers Syndrome might have. Now you briefly know what Asperger's Syndrome is. You can get more information on other symptoms, causes, treatment regarding this syndrome by clicking here.
About the author: Shawn is helping others regarding financial matters. He likes to write articles on various topics also.