6 Nutritional Keys in Treating Fibromyalgia Symptoms
Fibromyalgia was recognized by the American Medical Association as an illness and cause of disability in 1987, yet fibromyalgia continues to be difficult to diagnose and treat.
Today with the aid and resources of the internet, along with a network of educated and supportive friends, patients can now be proactive in their diagnostic approach and treatment methods. Changing one's diet and reducing the chemical stressors on the body that come from eating inappropriate food have been found to be tremendously helpful in relieving the symptoms associated with Fibromyalgia.
Get Started! To most effectively benefit, each person needs to experiment to see what works best for their body. The results will vary for each individual. The following tips are a great starting point for easing symptoms and taking control of fibromyalgia:
* Balancing your diet will allow your body to heal and move towards its optimal state. The best way to do this is to avoid foods that contain saturated fats (including ALL junk foods) and to increase the intake of fruits and vegetables. The daily consumption of water is instrumental in the flushing out of your system. These simple changes will allow your body to have a healthy foundation of nutritional support.
* It is important to make sure your diet consists of large amounts of lean protein and fewer carbohydrates. Lean protein (skinless chicken, lean beef and fish) is one of the best ways to fuel your body by keeping your energy levels high and eliminating hypoglycemia. Carbohydrates in small quantities are necessary for the body's production of insulin, however in excess amounts they contribute to your system storing fat.
* Maintaining good health means avoiding all products that have caffeine in them (coffee, tea, chocolate). This is crucial because caffeine is a diuretic and can exacerbate the IBS symptoms often associated with those suffering from fibromyalgia.
* It has been noted that wheat/gluten and dairy products are important items to eliminate in your diet. You may feel much better after eliminating these items as they are common culprits that intensify symptoms.
* Eliminate alcohol. The combination of pharmaceuticals and alcohol can lead to many unhealthy side effects and in turn make symptoms increasingly worse. Some of the prominent issues with alcohol consumption are the increase of stomach, digestive tract, and bowel problems.
* In order to maintain a healthy immune system, you need to reduce or eliminate refined sugars in your diet. By doing so, tests have shown that patients will experience optimal sleep patterns and fewer and less severe symptoms.
Positive Results The reduction of chemical stress on the body can have an overwhelming positive result in managing and reducing the symptoms of Fibromyalgia. Altering your diet will not only reduce symptoms, it will allow you to have a better quality of life and be on your way to a healthier and happier tomorrow!
About the author:
Dr. Michael B. Roth has been a holistic chiropractor for 23 years. His goal is to transform the health care system from crisis/reactive care to a wellness model of health. Dr. Roth is a dynamic speaker on health and wellness who can motivate and transform your audience and you to bring your own health and well-being to a new level! Learn more about Dr. Roth's programs by visiting his websites, http://www.rothwellnesscenter.com