6 Tips On How To Stop Acne!
Acne is a skin condition that affects millions of people worldwide. It can range from mild to severe, and it can and does affect people's self-esteem and confidence. In fact, severe acne has been known to cause affected individuals to become depressed and even refrain from going out in public. Acne is also a skin condition that doesn't discriminate. It affects anyone regardless of race, age and sex. Teens and adults are affected by acne.
If you have acne prone skin, you've probably tried numerous acne products that failed to work for you. You've tried a bunch of acne creams and they never worked. In reality, most of the acne creams in the market today work the opposite of what they claim to do -instead of getting rid of acne, they can make your acne problem worse.
So what do you do? Follow these 6 simple tips to fast acne cure.
1. Gently clean your face. When you wash your face, wash it gently. Don't rub too hard because doing so it only going to further irritate acne. Avoid using soap with harsh ingredients; go with a gentle skin cleanser. You'll find one that is made for acne prone skin and specific skin types.
2. Fight oily skin. Our skin has sebaceous glands that produce oil. However, when these glands produce too much oil, the excess oil can mix with dirt and dead skin cells and clog the pores. This is how acne often starts. So if you have oily skin, you need to keep it under control. Astringents help control oil on the face, reducing acne outbreaks. However, choose an astringent carefully because there are astringents that can make acne worse.
3. Don't touch those zits. If you see a pimple on your face, resist the urge to squeeze it or pop it. Pimple popping only makes your acne problem worse since a popped pimple means the bacteria can spread to the other areas of your face. It can also leave permanent scars. Your acne problem can get worse if you pop pimples since your hands are likely to be dirty and oily.
4. Use the right makeup. It's not advisable that you wear makeup if you are trying to treat your acne problem. However, if you must use makeup, avoid those that are oil-based. There are non-comedogenic and even water-based makeup. Also, at the end of the day, remove makeup with a gentle makeup remover and then washing your face a mild skin cleanser.
5. Shave with care. Men who have acne problems need to carefully shave their face. The last thing you want is to nick those zits and spread the infection. Go with safety razors instead of electric shavers; the former provides more control and manoeuvrability. If you have sensitive skin, use shaving cream. If your acne breakout is really bad, you may want to skip shaving for a couple of days.
6. Get some sun, but not too much. Sunlight is good for our skin. However, if you're exposing your skin to sunlight for long periods because you think your acne is going to be less noticeable on darker skin, you're dead wrong. Prolonged sunlight exposure is going to damage your skin and increase your risk for skin cancer. If you're going to be exposed to direct sunlight for more than an hour, apply sun block or moisturizer that has SPF30.
About the author:
Do you want to find out How To Stop Acne ?
Learn about Acne Products that are proven to safe and proven to work.