10 Room Renovation Guides for Healthier Sleep
Occasional or repetitive sleepless nights can affect your life, either the physical, mental or emotional aspect. In the long run, being deprived of enough sleep can affect how you perform in school or at the office, your relationship with other people and even your personality or health.
Insomnia or sleep deprivation have three stages
* Initial insomnia is when you find difficulty in sleeping and it takes you more than 30 minutes to sleep.
* Middle insomnia is when you have a problem in maintaining a sleep state and you'll often lie awake from night to the next morning
* Late insomnia is when you wake up early after less than 6 hours of sleep.
Insomnia can be a symptom of another medical condition but it can also be due to the pattern of your sleep. The first step to fight insomnia is to establish a consistent bedtime routine that will enable natural sleep. The next step is to create a comfortable and sleep inducing atmosphere, this article offers 10 room improvement guides to achieve healthier sleep.
1. Room Temperature. Set the temperature according to your preference, you don't want to wake up in the middle of the night because its too hot or too cold. Ideally its better to have a cooler room temperature but you need to determine your own comfort level.
2. Check the windows. A slightly opened window can facilitate sleep since it allows proper room ventilation and additional air. This can help in your proper breathing.
3. Eliminate Noise. You can be sensitive on noise in and out of the bedroom that can distract your sleep; using ear plugs can help in this situation.
4. Light matters. Light can disrupt your sleep and can signal your body that it's morning and time to wake up. You should use dim lights or if possible make your bedroom as dark as possible. You can also try using eye mask to block interfering light.
5. Block the light. You can also use thick curtains or blinds to cover any source of extra light in your room.
6. Remove the clock. The sound of a ticking clock can be disturbing and you may often find yourself counting hours. Knowing that time is passing will make you feel stressed and this won't help you get a healthy sleep. You can use a digital clock as an alternative but make sure to remove it from your direct eye sight.
7. Remove distracting gadgets. Stimulants like television, computer, radio can take your concentration off from sleeping. Make sure that you only use your bedroom for sleeping.
8. Find a comfortable mattress. Invest in a good and firm mattress that can provide you sufficient spinal support. It should be comfortable and big enough for you.
9. Pillows choice. Choose a pillow that suits your preference, it can be soft or firm as long as it gives proper support for your head.
10. Bedding & blankets. Provide crisp and clean bedding and a comfortable blanket.
Your bedroom should be arranged in such a way that its serves as a place that gives you comfort and peace. Find the right pieces that can make you feel calm and ready for a natural sleep routine.
Occasional or repetitive sleepless nights can affect your life, either the physical, mental or emotional aspect. In the long run, being deprived of enough sleep can affect your life so you have to find a short or long term solution. The article provides 10 room renovation guides for healthier sleep.
About the author:
[Dead links removed]